Based on a TEDx Talk by Shawn Achor (I suggest watching the entire 12 minute presentation, but this is drawn from the last portion starting around the 11 minute marker.)
Keep a simple journal for 21 consecutive days of doing the following:
- Write 3 things that I’m grateful for.
- List something positive that happened in the last 24 hours. (Each entry must be unique during the 21 day period)
- Exercise in some manner for at least 30 minutes a day.
- Meditate for 20 minutes a day focusing on positive thoughts only.
- Send one message a day to someone, randomly selected, thanking them for how they have positively affected my life.